1850: Peter Suter, a countryman from the region, laid the foundation stone for the current Stoos Seminar and Wellness Hotel when he bought land on Stoos and built a guest house a year later.
1880 - 1905: Thanks to its success, a respectable spa house developed from the simple guest house over the years, which reached its flowering period between 1880 and 1905.
At that time, the famous whey cures were very popular in the "better circles" and an international audience; in particular the French, Russians and English, was attained. The transport links also had to be adapted to the flood of visitors.
1933: The Schlattli-Stoos funicular was built. This is still the steepest of its kind in Switzerland. In the same year, the kurhaus was renovated. It had 200 beds, lounges, dance hall, music rooms, bowling alley and even a tennis court.
1939: The skiing clubs discovered Stoos. In order to satisfy their needs, ski lifts were built on the Fronalpstock and the Klingenstock and pistes were specially prepared.
1972: Albert Koch from Einsiedeln took over the restaurant on the Fronalpstock that had been closed for a long time. He renovated and modernised it, and a year later it was reopened.
1973: The owner of the kurhaus did not want to manage it any longer for reasons of age. Therefore, the Koch family took over the historic buildings and the adjoining land.
1975: A devastating fire caused by a short circuit, destroyed the traditional, convivial symbol of Stoos during the night of 24 March, 1975, The loss of the kurhaus was a blow to the area and region and also for its regulars and athletic clientele that had always met there for après-ski.
1977: Sporthotel Stoos was built on the grounds of the kurhaus. The special character of this "Sport Hotel in the mountains" is mainly expressed in the continuous pentagon theme of its ground plan, in the uncomplicated staidness of the main building structure and in its distinctive canopy roof.
2001: Albert's son, René Koch, took over the management of the hotel personally, because he wanted to contribute and realize his ideas. The hotel was thus reoriented and the way for the future was prepared with a new impetus.
2006: In December, the Sport Hotel was renamed Seminar and Spa Stoos. This change is explained by the fact that the old indoor pool area was renovated and the wellness & spa extended to over 1100m2.
2008: The hotel rooms were renovated and brought technically up to date piece by piece. Modern, comfortable box spring beds and new bathrooms enhance comfort. Several room categories emerged in the course of time that are distinguished by their additional furnishing.
That same year, René Koch relinquished the management role of the hotel and became the host.
2011: The reception was enlarged and redesigned. In addition, the lobby was renewed and extended by a smoker's lounge with a view of the Glarus Alps.
2012: The Panorama restaurant was expanded and renewed. An additional large room was built. The new seating and 58,000 golden shingles that are made and attached by hand have made the restaurant glisten in pleasant colours since then.
2013: The largest rooms were converted to junior suites with free-standing bathtub.